My baby lies asleep in the hospital cot. It is almost 4am and I sit next to his bed hoping praying wishing that it will be just a simple infection I rewind 12 hours ago when I arrived home and his vomiting began. I am dismissive of it and decide that it will just be a busy night( not wrong on that front) after a third vomit I have a bath, feed him breastmilk then lie in bed cuddling. He perks up and I decide to get dressed I pop him down to stand. He falls. I try again and down again. He tries himself it looks as if he is drunk my stomach sinks. I try to ignore and carry on with feeding myself while holding him with my inlaws assistance. I mutter that I might call someone as I am worried about him not walking. I scoff my food instinctively knowing that I would need the food for the night ahead.... So here I wait for answers my mind racing my body a tired. In the dark talking to god asking for a simple answer and to go home.
