Saturday, 12 October 2013
40 weeks one last time....
A tough pregnancy come slowly to the end. I am assured that I have no more than 14 days to go. I am tired emotionally and physically. Our family has had a tough year but a joyous end will certainly make up for the struggle. I sit waiting for that first knowing contraction, worried I have forgotten what they will feel like! I have fallen in love with my midwifes who become like sisters thro this journey. I look forward to sharing this birth with my cousin who's own birth story via her mother educated me a young girl (12) how normal physiological birth is. When becoming pregnant the first time this knowledge allowed me to find the safe place where I could birth without unneeded intervention playing a role. On the eves of my final pregnancy I hope for my cousin, niece, daughter(s) and sons that this is a real option they can be aware of after being apart of my home birth.