Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Ballet Open Day

Felix's ballet school was open for parents to watch today. What more we could sit in on any class in the school. Felix and I enjoyed almost 3 hours of watching contemporary dance, folkloric dance and classical ballet from Felix beginner level to pre Australian Ballet level. Wow. Felix sat captivated and was so happy to watch and perform. He loved that in contemporary you can do a hand stand! He was so excited to show his teacher a new more for his classical ballet class. Fortunetly (as I have seen his many failed attemps at handstands!) he forgot about this extra dance move as his concentration in class was amazing 45 minutes straight he did not talk or figget. He was fixated on the task at hand- his concentration stunned me. Over diner I ask him if he enjoys his ballet classes "yes of course" but why I questioned "I don't know but I do want to marry my ballet teacher", he happily responded. Felix has been pre examined and as a result of Mr. Serious Concentration and consistant performance in class, he has passed his level without requiring an exam.