Monday, 13 September 2010

Dancing


Matilda had her debute at the 45th Polonez Anniversary while Felix and Michael are at their 2 year at 17 year marks respectively. I find myself cringing when parents go on about how wonderful their children are but perhaps for once I might indulge. I actually had this warm gooey feeling of pride and thought that both Matilda and Felix were really cute on stage dancing. I will admit that I didn't watch anyone else when they were on stage :) Interestingly their motivation for dancing vary. Felix get extremley excited and nervous leading up to a concert. He loves to dance. He is very social and find the after polonez practice time very important. It is wonderful to see his confidence with senior as well as junior dancers back stage. Matilda does enjoy the social aspect too but it is not the dancing that motivates her, but rather the costumes and make-up. Dancing is just a nessasary part of the "dress up". I find myself being completely relaxed with the children both back stage and in the theatre. All our years of performacing supporting Michael, both in Oz and overseas has meant the children instinctively know when not to talk out load and keep quiet and are reliable and welcome backstage.