Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Mum

I am blessed to have another baby. Without a pregnancy! My beloved niece Sophie has started to call me Mum. I am not Mamma, but Mum. When Sophie was born she was so far away and I felt sad that I could not give her a welcome cuddle. But now having her here in Australia for the last 6 months I have bonded with her the I way I always imagined doing with my brother's children. It is like having another child without the pregnancy:)
My bond and connection with my brother and sister-in-law continues to strengthen and I look forward to when we are living close by and can spend unscheduled time together- popping by for a tea, grabbing some dinner together or popping into the art gallery or yoga class.
My children have a little sister and I have another daughter until I become Sarah again (but maybe (hopefully) I will always be Mum?!)