Tuesday, 15 December 2009
Following a dream
Life is wonderfully exciting. We have had a busy few months: selling our home, buying a new one, new school and ballet school for Felix, Kinder for Tilda, job for me. Michael and I have dreamt about having an inner city life surrounded by like minded families. On Saturday we had the prep picnic where we met with the families and children who Felix will be at school with the next 7 years and beyond. What relief I felt. I walked into a beautiful school garden where I did not have to defend who or what I believed in. All these parents believe in quality, child centered and nourishing education. Children ride bikes, eat organic food and dress up. All these children were confident empowered young people and yet they are protected from the ugliness of society. No competition just a sense of belonging and safety. Wow this all seems like a dream but in fact it is our reality.