Friday, 28 November 2008

Parenting

Being a parent is like walking through a maze without a map or a lookout. Each stage and age brings another in a series of challenges and development for me as a parent. Felix is proudly 4 and becoming extremely self aware. A sence of independance but still a need for dependance is upon us. As a mother I too feel I need to have children as much as they need me. While I might think I know what is best for a four year old I am remindered that Felix really is the best person to decide which path to take. I feel at times that we are alone in our parenting philosophy unlike anyone in our family or close friends yet we feel so at ease so it must be ok. I meet more like minded parents who don't control but work with their children and this empowers and liberates me.