Since the Polonez concert Felix has been wearing his beloved dress up skirt. On Saturday night we went to a friends 30th Birthday for which I suggested Felix wear pants and instead of wearing the skirt we take it with us. Felix fell asleep for the entire night and the skirt was tucked away in the pusher- out of sight out of mind. We caught a laste train home and Felix became a little upset when we arrived at home and discovered the skirt had dropped out of the pusher. In fact he was inconsolable- until I told him why his skirt was not with us ..
"When you were asleep Felix we meet a rabbit called Hector. He had just arrived in Melbourne with his family and was worried about the wind and didn't know where he would sleep. He saw the fantastic blue skirt and asked if he could borrow it and use it as a tent. Tata and I told Hector that Felix would be sad if he woke to not find his skirt. Hector replied that he thought Felix looked like a young boy who loved to help others and share his things- we agreed and Hector took the skirt and pitched it for his family to sleep in".
Well I thought it would be a long shot but wow the power of story. He stopped crying immediately and was satisfied that Hector would be using his skirt as a tent. I marvel as Felix's naturally generous heart. It is so difficult for a 3 year old gripped in the ego centric phase to barely share any of his toys with Matilda. I have faith that my beautiful boy will grow up to care about other people- and rabbits named Hector.