Thursday, 9 October 2014

Bonds

A long time between blogs. If I thought I was busy with three children I am not sure what the term for busy with four actually is. After a holiday away as a solo mum I am renewed and refreshed and in love with my children more than ever. I watched hours of free play and sibling bonds that I am thankful for every day. I have over the past year given birth at home, tandem fed a baby and toddler, started work helped my children forge independence including non adult commute to and from school on bike, bus and train, gone camping, rode bikes and gone on a date! I hope to continue much of this over the next year while getting fitter and getting a little more organized. I had never pictured a life with four children but now I have four I can imagine my life any other way. As "G" enters toddlerhood each of her siblings continue to bond with her and each other in such unique ways. "A" sees his older brother as a physical bouncing mate, elder sister as a second mother and you get sister as his baby who is rapidly becoming a challenge as she want what he has.  As we ready yourselves to celebrate "G" first birthday we reflect on the year that has past the joy our baby brings into our life. It is amazing how a baby bonds you with family and friends and we continue to enjoy sharing the parenting journey. I love watching her connect with her grandparents and uncle regularly and build a strong and extra parent type relationship.