Sunday, 24 March 2013

hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)

So it has a name. Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG). But really it is a hidden reality. One week I am a high functioning person, ready to embark on full time study, work 1-2 days a week and coparent three young children. Five weeks later I have deferred Uni ( an extremely tough decision lots of tears and grief), lost all my baby weight from baby #3, feel happy to have put a load of washing on in a given day and spend 5-10mins a day with my children :(. I spoke to a close friend who had this to the point of hospitalization while I have managed to avoid hospital with twice weekly visits to my midwife.
After chemo anti nausea meds not working I felt desperate for it to all stop. I felt hopeful my bloodworks would highlight a problem: maybe my iron VitD or something was low and we could treat it. I laugh now at my bursting into tears as I told my bloods were exceptionally good. Everything was in the high range of normal.
As I am starting to have more bouts of no vomiting I can and do feel more positive. Cross fingers week 12 will bring relief and bring some normal into my life.