After a heart wrenching 24 hours my baby made a quick and dramatic recovery but we were in the system. Ambrose woke up and could walk again and was not vomiting. Our gut instinct felt that this was true of the first diagnosis which did not need a MRI (with general anesthetic) but the anesthetist was knocking at the door, Ambrose had fasted but we wanted a second opinion and there was not a doctor insight. We waited, stood our ground, and the reassessment confirmed our feelings and the MRI was off. But I wonder what happens to parents who don't have the confidence to question and ask questions while being bombarded by the emotions of the situation. Ironically this was a foray into the word of birthing situations so many women are apart of in the main stream system where the systematic intervention spiral the normal process to birth to need induction, epidural, forceps and on and on. I want to trust the people who want to care for my children but I need to question and find the truth of the situation every time.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad