Wednesday, 28 December 2011

The baby eats Jelly……..


I am the first to admit that I am completely uninterested in food. However it is thrust upon me daily with the need and wants of a 7yr, 5yr and 9 month old. If I had just one wish it would be an inhome cook but I live in the real world so I am our cook :)

We do not make a big deal of eating or the lack there of and believe that a child knows what is good for them as long as you offer the right food over the course of a week they will take in the perfect amount of vitamins, minerals and energy.


One child is a snake who can eat tonnes then not eat for a week or two. Another loves to try everything but has slowed down their intake as their growth too has slowed down. So all in all I do not worry- they are healthy, active and I know they will starve themselves.

The baby will eat what I eat. So I eat jelly he eats jelly.

Last night I suddenly worried about this (very unlike me)

"oh no should babies eat jelly?" was quickly responded to with "well it is good for your bones". I looked at my husband with scepticism "says who?" (later we google and my scepticism is warranted no evidence easily found.)


he smiles and reminds me

"you like and eat jelly and so you must expect that baby eats jelly and likes it too!"