Michael love to discuss how we can develop our home, well at least I do and he listens. We had been debating if we should swap the location of the bathroom and kitchen or if we should renovate and put on an extra level. Having scanned the internet for ideas and read lots of books I decided to book a consultation with a local Architect. Antony arrived and looked through the house with curiosity and wonderment- perhaps a little too rehearsed for our liking. After an hour of discussion and questions from Michael and I the consult ended. In reflection it was worth having a third party who confirmed to us what we had speculated on:
Yes we could go up and put on another 2 small rooms or master and on suite but would get rid of living area and new deck to "start again"
We could extend down our block to create more living space but would have very little garden left
Michael and decided that we might practice with a smaller project to start with before tackling the "renovation"so our family study is room 1.