Monday, 7 March 2011

Out of Touch?

I have been madly reading about natural home births from a book I have borrowed form the library. I am struck by how these mother "knew" the baby was coming. WHY CAN'T I HAVE THIS FEELING? I don't mind not knowing but I wonder am I out of touch, oblivious to the signs or is this something that people make up. Sure I know that upon seeing a "show" (mucus plug) that my cervix is opening and that I will have a baby soon. These are physical signs- no brainers. I am completely dumb founded to the gender, timing and to a large degree temperament of my baby. Perhaps there is one thing in my life I take as it come rather than reading some meaning into it all. "Baby will come when contractions start sometime between 38-43 weeks! This is all I actually know"