Tuesday, 6 July 2010

New beginnings

I have just planted 10 fruit trees in the back yard with a promise to provide us with yummy summer fruits. Such a simple task in such a busy time of our lives. My sister in law has cancer. My dad battles once again with his health. Yet when out in the garden planting, moving, tending I forget it all for a moment. I am glad that we did get a backyard rather than a simple courtyard as we had imagined when moving last year. While the garden supports me and provides the soil for new beginnings I hope to have the energy and resiliance to support my husband, children and family during the next challenging chapter. We are lucky that each of us has a way to support others: Felix writes letters to his aunty, who he knows is sick, to remind her that he loves her and wants her to be better. Tilda continues to laugh and plays games to keep us smiling. Michael actively listens to our emotional outbursts of anger, grief, confusion and analyses and helps to find an answer.