Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Montassori Kinder- Warsaw

On our first afternoon in Warsaw I randomly saw a sign avertising a montassori kinder just down the road from our accomadation. Lech rang for us that evening and arranged for us to visit with Felix the next day. I stayed with him for the morning until after lunch. I found the place really inviting and a beutiful space for children. I have always enjoyed reading about the phyliosophy of Montassori for childrens education and it now lovely to have Felix experience it first hand. Felix has enjoyed going each day and will continue to go for this entire week. He is still talking to everyone in English, although I did notice today there is a little more polish being spoken to Tata. One teacher who can talk to me in English remarked that he is very helpful and gentle with the children. Last Friday Felix apparently raved about his siter Matilda at the lunch table. The teacher said that is was a lovely expression of love unfortunaetly only it was only understood by Felix and herself.