I know parents who have children who are out of control and very difficult to live with. There seems to be the parents who ask for help and those who deny to themselves that there is a problem. Everyone is doing the best they can. But sometimes it is easy to think it is all ok rather than admit you can't do something. I am bless with parents who have never made me feel like I failed even when I have attempted something and not got to where I imagined or hoped for. I was that annoying child at school who kept asking questions- even the dumb ones- only to realise that 80% of the class wanted to but didn't want appear to be stupid.
An aspect I really struggle with- to parent and help a child grow and develop in the way we want means admitting and dealing with our own faults, hang-ups, relationships with our own parents and siblings.
I have a image of family, trusting, supportive, generous, loving, challenging, perhaps an idealistic vision but one to working towards I think. Is it right to simply let apart of your family slide away and simply have "nice" meaningless moments once or twice a year? Questions questions questions. That's better a rant a brain minute- now off to read about biodynamic gardening for the kinder veg patch!