Tuesday, 31 July 2007
Why feeding a 3 years old is great........
Well the WHO code recommends that we breastfeed our babies 2 years and beyond. Last year I announce to Michael that i was now entering the beyond..... Parent will tell you that from 2 until 3 children really learn to talk and with it you get to know your child on a whole new level. When I feed Felix now 3 he is able to tell me how much he loves his "nana" (Breastfeeding/breastmilk), how it makes him feel safe and beautiful. But best of ll he is starting to feed his dolls, teddies and even his beloved trains- so they too can feel happy. I just laugh to think about the an incident on the Sunday just past. Felix and I were wandering through a "junk shop" and Felix discovered some stress balls shaped like breasts with nipples. He grabbed 2 placed them on his own chest and announce to the world, or at least to the elderly lady standing next to him, YUMMMMMMMM NANAs and promptly checked to see if they would provide any milk.