or two just to see the cookbook sit on your bookshelf to be used no
more. In fact I once heard that only 10% of most best sellers are ever
read! that is to say only 10% of the way through the book people give
up and put the book away on the book self. I am going to try to use
this blog as a form of "guilt" to make this not the case with the
latest craft book I bought for my son and daughter. The book was "out
side of the budget" for a given period so my wife agreed to the
purchase as long as I use it and blog my craft work so as to make sure
I use the book. So here it goes.
The book in question is "best ever book of paper fun & amazing origami" and "how to draw and paint tractors, trucks and trains". I must say that these are not the "best ever" books but enough to act as a catalyst to spend some time with my son and daughter doing crafts. That mentioned, for this series ofblog posts I presume that the craft will be predominantly with my son who is almost 3, as 10 month old Matilda has so far only contributed by eating coloured paper and sleeping. Even my son will only enjoy some of the finishingtouches as many of the projects are a bit beyond him at the moment. That said, he loves watching a picture come to life, and calls for another even before the first is finished.
My wife had
some cane hoops and as we were on holiday by the beech and fishing, I
decided that the first project will be a fish mobile. The kinder
squares we used were probably a bit small and the paper was not as
thick and textured as the pictures in the book but with 7 fish it is
finished. The origami pattern for the fish came from the amazing
origami book. I used plain thread for hanging the fish and this was a
mistake as it is very fiddly to work with and gets tangled too easily.
Next time I will definitely use fishing line which is more translucent
and stiffer so lesslikely to tangle.

So the first craft project is done, the deal with Sarah
is to write up 50 projects before I can consider the book purchase
"fully consumed" so to speak. At $30 for the 2 books that will then
work out at 60 cents a project so that seems OK to me.