Monday, 16 April 2007

bla-lu-lu-lu another word

Well this is another word, and an old one. Actually it is a word I taught Felix and probably one of the first non standard words he learned. We were both nude after a bath. I started running around the house making a blu-lu-lu sound with my toung flicking in and out of my mouth. Felix copied. Next day when he saw me naked for bath, he made that same noise. For a few months following he made the same noise and also ran around the house nude after a wash. Matilda was still in utero at that stage.

Well It's monday morning and we have had an eventfull weekend. Felix must have mentioned the blu-lu-lu word for me to have written about it above even though it is not part of his normal vocabulary. We went down to Geelong on Sunday for Sarah to train for the upcomming Mars Ballarat to Barwon Heads challenge. She got into the lake but could not find the channel to lead her to Barwon Heads. She decided that it is time to give up, and give up the whole Mars thing, at least for another year.

I was with the kids in Barwon Heads. We went down to the river to fish. There were plenty of people with lines out but only a couple of gents that seemed to be catching some near size limit whiting. On my surf rod, with felix always wanting to wind it in or through some white bait into the water we had no luck. Well we were lucky to find some bark for Matlida to crawl around on and she did not even get hooked by any hooks that may have been accidently dropped. Felix did some tree climbing and then, as I was about to think about preparing lunch I got the call from Sarah to say that she needs to be picked up.

A drive across the river showed me the surf beach, low tide and a lot of nice sand where I should have been running the dogs. Dogs were at home on this trip. Felix and Matilda both went to sleep. We picked up Sarah from the lake and drove to the Rawdanowicz house. Felix looked out the window and said "big house". I prompted him by saying that Kamil lived here. He followed this with a soft "and Klara too".

This morning Sarah was putting Matlida to sleep for her post morning nap. She seems to have them a couple of hours after waking up. She is a dream to wake up, smiles almost instantly and is happy just to crawl around the bed. The first attempt failed as Matilda crawled happliy out of the bedroom to meet me in the kitchen. For the second attempt I was almost out of the house for work so Felix would need a distraction in "Bob Budowniczy".

We made all the arrangements which included his doll "lala" some nuts, although we stopped on seperate bowls for lala and Felix, they can share.