Dear Lech
I finally have a moment to pen(or Type) a letter- the house is quiet! Matilda is almost 6 weeks old and it has been a wonderful time in the lives of the Alexander- Milewski-Milewska family. With 4 people and 2 dogs I really think we classify now as a family- the back of the car is jam packed and the endless bustle and chatter is heart warming.
In classic A-M-M Family style (Alexander-Milewski-Milewska) our Medicare care is a hassle bustle of names a real refection of the house. Michael is now back full time at work and I am with both children by myself 3 days a week. We have managed to do all sorts of things in a given week........................
We have visited the Collingwood Children's farm numerous times- Felix is in love with the horses (affectingly named Ye-Ha-Ha) and the Goats who we see milked. Last Monday Felix decided that the 10 days old lambs we fair game for a ride- He sat upon his victim and yelled Ye-Ha-Ha. He was a little disappointed when I explained that lambs weren't strong enough to carry him and that perhaps one day he might ride a pony at Jane and Robs place.
I used public transport with both children yesterday to get to Steiner Playgroup. Felix is fantastic and listen so well- he happily get out the of pusher and sits looking out the window for the entire trip. Meanwhile Matilda happily sleeps in the baby carrier- occasionally nuzzling and moving around when I stop moving.
I popped over to see Sylwia this morning so Felix and Sabina could see one another. They play so well together- I am glad that we have Thursday's so they can have time to play together. They love to play chasy around the house and push the trains around the house.
We have brought a second cot and our bedroom looks amazing! We have the queen bed with a cot (with it's side removed)on either side. One huge bed! Sleeping is working very well- Felix will fall asleep cuddling Michael as Michael sings polish songs and read polish stories. This a very important time of the evening for both Michael and Felix as they don't see one another all day- Michael loves gazing at Felix as he sleeps peacefully in the cot next to him. Matilda is in the cot next to me- she has been an amazing baby. Last night she slept from 10pm till 4am no feeds! When she does want to feed she either sucks her hands or strokes my face- no crying- no fussing she feeds briefly and falls back to sleep.
So now back to the title of this email. Matilda is starting to smile. I selfishly thought that she would smile at me but I realise that her big brother is far more interesting- and he first smile was cast Felix's way. Felix is so gentle with Matilda and has never hurt her or get cross with her. Matilda is getting a lot of tummy time and holding her head really well.
When she is popped on her tummy she pulls her legs up under her body and tries to move forward- her arms are failing her- but sooner or later she will all get it together.
Michael is riding 3-4 times a week before work- and feeling and looking very fit. It is a really important time for him and it helps him concentrate at work. I have began riding my bike with Felix each night Michael returns. I plan to join a canoeing club after my 6 week post-baby check-up in the hope to compete in the Murray Marathon at the end of next year.
My brother has planned to remain in England till April/May I am missing him terribly- particularly at the moment when I know he would love to see Matilda. But I am sure he will make up for lost time when he returns. Sylwia has been a wonderful grandmother- spending time with Felix on Tuesdays. I know this time is invaluable for both of them- Felix feels so comfortable with her.
Felix is missing you a great deal as are we all. Every plane in the sky apparently has JaJa riding in it. I think I will bring him to the airport when you come back- he would love to have a look at the planes.
We hope you are enjoying Poland but look forward to having you home.
Lots of Love and Kisses
Sarah (Michael, Felix and Matilda)
PS On Sunday we went to 5pm mass. Felix sat in the pew listening to the service- when ever Father Tony spoke Felix would yell out Blah-blah-blah. When the Father held out his arms Felix also stood and held out his arm- it was so funny that we didn't even hear what the sermon was about- but the magic of watching Felix was perhaps God's message to us- they grow up so fast so make the time today to give an extra hug- share another joke or listen for an extra minute because tomorrow they will be leaving home!g home!